Effective Date: June 9, 2014.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DOES WE COLLECT?
(1) Categories of Personally Identifiable Information. We collect personally identifiable information from you when a purchase is made by you. The information includes, but is not limited to:
1. Your full name,
2. Your email address,
3. Product order details, and
4. The license key assigned to you to access the software.
Although certain of these items may not identify you personally, we can use combinations of the information to do so. We do not share your information with any third parties who will directly market to you. We do share said information with third parties who assist in the running of the Site and processing of orders such as Gumroad. They do not use or disclose your information for marketing purposes. Gumroad, however, may contact you if there is a legal or financial issue related to your order.
(3) Modification or Removal Process. Please contact us if you wish to modify your information. We do not allow for removal of any information since it is required to verify purchases, comply with laws and track the license granted to customers at the time of purchase.
(5) Effective Date: The effective date shall be June 9, 2014.
(6) Do Not Track Signals. Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, as amended on January 1, 2014, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
(8) California Eraser Law. We do not allow for the posting of user generated content on the Site. As such, the California “eraser law” does not apply to this Site.
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. However, we can match IP addresses to user names, which gives us the ability to match an IP address to the information you provide when purchasing to identify individuals. The Site may also gather anonymous aggregate “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(b) COOKIES. We may use “cookies” to store a small piece of data on your computer during your visit to collect information we use to improve your experience with the Site.
3. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
3.1. WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. Examples of such services include, but are not limited to, third parties providing payment processing, license tracking, email facilitation and hosting.
(b) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis. Your personal information will not be detailed in this aggregate data.
(d) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
(e) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our Company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Site and from orders of our product including your customer information. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personally identifiable information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
The Site has security measures in place such as Secure Sockets Layer protocols to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. SITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
5.1. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
6. CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
6.1. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, please use the Contact Us page to reach us.